Little Mantrap Camp
Little Mantrap Camp was established in 1923 by Oscar & Jennie Johnson. Became Little Mantrap Resort in 1961 and Wilderness Bay Resort in 1970.
Click to see pictures of the original resort (Little Mantrap Camp).
Resort Restoration 1997 & 1998
These are pictures of the restoration of the log cabin that was called the Fox Den. All of the work was done over the winter of 97/98. We replaced approximately 1000 feet of pine logs in the restoration. Some complete logs were replaced, sometimes we replaced just the front face of the log if the log was solid enough and we replaced a lot of the tails of logs on the corners where they had rotted away.
The roofs were completely torn off, roofing materials (sometimes 5 layers thick) and wood. We, also had to replace some the logs that spanned the roof. We installed the ceiling first with knotty pine tongue and groove, then installed the roof rafters with insulation to help keep cool in summer. Then finished the roof normally with plywood and shingles.